The Anti-Spam SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server

Andrew Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Thu Jul 8 16:08:13 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Like most organizations, we are trying to get a handle on spam messages
coming into our mail server. I've been asked to check out the Anti-Spam
SMTP Proxy (ASSP) Server to use in conjunction with our Exchange server.

http://assp.sourceforge.net/

Has anyone tried this out or is currrently using this? If so, what's
your opinion of its effectiveness, ease of configuration, stability,
etc.? At first blush, it sounds like a pretty comprehensive solution.
But I always prefer real-world feedback on these kinds of programs.

Thank you,

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library