[WEB4LIB] I, Robot Librarian

Roy Tennant roy.tennant at ucop.edu
Thu Jul 22 13:13:52 EDT 2004

Researchers at Johns Hopkins University have been working on this for
quite some time, although mostly as a way to retrieve items for
scanning that are housed in remote storage. See
<http://dkc.mse.jhu.edu/CAPM/>. To quote from the web site: "The goal
of the CAPM project is to develop efficient (i.e., cost-effective),
real-time, enhanced browsing and search capabilities, through a Web
browser interface, to off-site materials by using a combination of
robotics, automated systems and software."
Roy