[WEB4LIB] RE: Question on log file(s) for Deep Freeze users

Felty, Jayson L FELTYJ at uthscsa.edu
Thu Jul 1 10:39:15 EDT 2004

If Deep Freeze is turned off, then anything written to the log file
would be kept upon a reboot. In fact, that's a small security risk that
a computer could be infected during the overnight thawed period and be
frozen with the virus or trojan. It's a chance we're willing to take
because DF does work very well.

The thaw space is a virtual drive so if something happens to the file
system you might not be able to recover it. Have you thought about
redirecting the log files from each workstation to a centralized server?
Or redirect to a partition that only admins and the system can write too
and don't include that as a frozen partition.

Jayson Felty
UTHSCSA - Briscoe Library
Systems Department
7703 Floyd Curl Drive