[WEB4LIB] Re: Tupperware's Senior Friendly/Shrink Text magnifying

K.G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Fri Dec 31 12:33:01 EST 2004

> I like this option myself and ran upon it a few years ago.  For example,
> the
> International Herald Tribune uses a javascript to achieve this.  It does
> not
> change fonts, but actually changes the size of the current font in use.
> They
> also have a neat script to determine the number of columns one may like in
> viewing the page (also a javascript).  The size / column optioning only
> appears once you have gone to actual story content pages, so I just
> selected
> an article to point to from today's issue:
>
> http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/12/31/news/quake.html
>
> Hope this helps,
> E Roel

Note that I looked at this page several times before realizing the font
options were below the fold. (Where I've seen this feature, it is usually in
the upper rh corner.) Also, though the mouseover provided an explanation,
would users mouse over labels called A+ or A- in order to find out that
these enlarged/reduced fonts?

Funny comments on the Tupperware site!

Karen G. Schneider
kgs at bluehighways.com