Password for Intranet

Kong, Yi - HPL Yi.Kong at cityofhouston.net
Wed Aug 25 10:44:15 EDT 2004

Our library wants to adjust our Intranet setting. Originally staff can
access with their password and a few sites are protected with "group", so
only those members of group can access the pages. Now we want to let staff
access the main pages without password inside of library ( at staff VLAN
with private IP ), but still want keep the outside access and those special
sites passworded.

We use apache web server. Under document root, we have directories and those
special sites are among the directories.

I did some test. The problem for us is set main page with no password from
inside but require a password for directory under it.

Any suggestion are appreciated

Yi Kong