[WEB4LIB] Re: Yahoo Mail adds storage

Marc Truitt mtruitt at uh.edu
Wed Aug 4 12:34:58 EDT 2004

Umm... perhaps it's just my greying memory, but didn't we have a quite
protracted discussion of just that topic a couple of months ago, with
specific reference then to google?  Or are you just trying to stir up a
hornet's nest as a way to get through the August dog-days, Bill?  :)

- mt

Drew, Bill wrote:
> Can someone explain why such services as Yahoo Mail are so popular if they
> do such evil things as insert ads to pay for their free service. Obviously
> everyone is as smart as the critics of such things on this list and would
> avoid them like the plague.  God forbid that a free service insert ads to
> help pay for the free service.  Anyone would think that all of us want
> private business to get off the internet.
>
> Bill Drew

Marc Truitt
Assistant Dean for Systems                      Voice  : 713-743-8979
University of Houston Libraries                 e-mail : mtruitt at uh.edu
114 University Libraries                        cell   : 713-443-6421
Houston, TX 77204-2000                          fax    : 713-743-9811

"I keep hearing you're concerned about my happiness
But all that thought you're giving me is conscience, I guess
If I were walking in your shoes I wouldn't worry none
While you and your friends are worrying 'bout me,
I'm having lots of fun..."
                                -- The Statler Brothers