[WEB4LIB] Netscape 4.x and [media="all"]

Samuel Mcdonald smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Jan 13 16:01:38 EST 2003

see:
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/style-html.html

<start quote>
Netscape Navigator 4.x incorrectly ignores any linked or embedded style
sheets declared with MEDIA values other than screen. For
             example, MEDIA="screen, projection" will cause the style
sheet to be ignored by Navigator 4.x, even if the presentation device is a
             computer screen. Navigator 4.x also ignores style sheets
declared with MEDIA=all.
</end quote>

-Sam

Samuel J. McDonald                                smcdon at rci.rutgers.edu
Webmaster                              http://www.libraries.rutgers.edu/
Rutgers University Libraries                        Voice (732) 932-7505
Alexander Library, 169 College Ave., New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1163