[WEB4LIB] Library Hi-Tech News piece

GraceAnne Andreassi DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Fri Jan 3 18:42:49 EST 2003

Roy Tennant scripsit 3 Jan 2003
> I've been invited to write a piece on Web4Lib for Library
> Hi-Tech News. Of course I have my own viewpoint on Web4Lib,
> but I think it would be good to include some quotes from
> some of you about what you find useful about the discussion
> (or not). How has the Web4Lib community helped you or made
> you a more effective web manager? Or has it kept you up at
> night and made you feel inadequate? You can send your
> comments directly to me if you wish, or to the discussion if
> you want all 3,200 of us to know what you think. Thanks, Roy

Happy New Year, Roy and all~

I am in a different place from most of you: I work out of my home office, and
while my work intersects the web most of the time, I am a webwizard only of
my own site.

The Web4Lib community, however, is invaluable to me. First and most
importantly, it allows me to hear the hum of webwizards at work. What's
working? What isn't? What do you need to know? What bugs you
unmercifully?

Secondly, it allows me to ask the occasional crucial question.

Thirdly, it permits a place to say, I have written this for PLA, does it work for
you? I have researched this for ARL, is it useful?

Fourth, and last, it reminds me that all library work is collaborative, and
library writing especially so.

Raise a glass to JRR Tolkien on his eleventy-first birthday tonight!
http://www.tolkiensociety.org/toast/index.html

Best, GraceAnne

GraceAnne A. DeCandido, MLS
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content
New York City ~ ladyhawk at well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html

A few good Italian American books, and 2002 favorites for children
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/books.html

And, though she be but little, she is fierce
    Shakespeare, Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 3 Sc 2.