[WEB4LIB] raising open windows to the foreground

Araby Greene araby at unr.edu
Thu Jan 23 10:11:03 EST 2003

Walter,

As noted, you must name the new window in your link. If the named window
already exists when the link to it is clicked, a duplicate window will not
open. However to bring the named window to the foreground, you'll need to give
it the "focus" when it loads.

Document with the link:

newwindow.html body tag:

I'm not sure if this will solve your password problem, though. If a cookie
stores user/pwd and whether currently logged in, should be ok.

Araby

Araby Greene
Web Development Librarian
Getchell Library/322