[WEB4LIB] raising open windows to the foreground

Eric Hellman eric at openly.com
Thu Jan 23 00:38:27 EST 2003

The answer is yes, but.... The link on page B just has to target the
same window with the target attribute of the anchor tag.

but...  you have might not have control over how or whether the page
is loaded- that gets determined by a combination of http header
directives and the user's browser preferences. Also there's a
subtlety about bringing the target window to the front; it won't get
done automatically on the second link in some web browsers. This is
most easily done by a 1-line javascript on the loaded page.

I am insufficiently polite to write anything about putting passwords
in the URL.

Eric

--

Eric Hellman, President                            Openly Informatics, Inc.
eric at openly.com                                    2 Broad St., 2nd Floor