[WEB4LIB] form to send input to one of several recipients

Michael Sauers msauers at bcr.org
Tue Jan 21 14:50:29 EST 2003

> Who out there knows how to make the form input
> go to just one of the four recipients, based on
> which the user selects from the list? TIA.

I've sent the whole file to Joan since it's behind a password but, for the
benefit of others it boils down to the following code:

<select size="1" name="recipient">
	<option value="dvigil at bcr.org">Darrell Vigil</option>
	<option value="dbrunell at bcr.org">Dave Brunell</option>
	<option value="dchinn at bcr.org">Dig Chinn</option>
	<option value="efox at bcr.org">Ellen Fox</option>
	<option value="rgarza at bcr.org">Rosario Garza</option>
	<option value="jhillsha at bcr.org">Joyce Hillshafer</option>
</select>

Basically, don't set recipient in a hidden filed. Set it in the dropdown
list.

Michael Sauers, Librarian, Trainer & Author
Bibliographical Center for Research (BCR)
Aurora, CO :: 303-751-6277 x124 :: msauers at bcr.org
http://www.bcr.org/~msauers
a:visited {display: none}

"Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely."
-- Edward Tuft
                       _
ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
 - against HTML email  X