ADA compliance statements for web page designs

Susan M. Johns suzyq at mail.pittstate.edu
Fri Jan 17 12:02:24 EST 2003

Does anyone already have on their web sites

1) a compliance statement regarding standards used for ADA
2) in conjuction with web construction/design guidelines for faculty and
staff
3) and possibly in conjunction with "graphics identity" guidelines ?

I've look at a couple of sites and find graphics identity guideline pages
that are quite comprehensive, but am finding difficulty locating any
guidelines stated "per se" on the web sites which not only incorporate
identity guidelines but also minimum compliance expected for ADA-influenced
design.    I'm thinking these policy statements have to be out there but
perhaps are not readily available to the public and may be hidden on local
intra-nets??

If you have examples, could you provide urls off-list if they are available
for public review?

Thanks,

Susan Johns Smith
Systems/Circulation Librarian            Voice:  (620) 235-4115
Axe Library, Pittsburg State University  Fax:    (620) 235-4090
Pittsburg KS  66762
suzyq at mail.pittstate.edu
http://library.pittstate.edu/staff/susan