[WEB4LIB] Article in Reference & User Services Quarterly

Sue Kamm suekamm at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 14 13:36:47 EST 2003

"Drew, Bill" wrote:

   I just finished reading a very good article in Vol. 42,
  Number 2 Winter
  2002 issue of Reference & User Services Quarterly titled
  "Web Accssibility
  of mid-szied college and university libraries."  It makes
  many good
  observations.  I have on big problem with the journal but
  not the article.
  The article was submitted for review on OCtober 10, 2001
  and was revised and
  accepted for publication on Feb 12, 2002.  This means the
  data is probably
  over a year old and does not necessarily reflect current
  state of library
  websites.  I am concerned that a research journal written
  by and peer
  reviewed by librarians takes over a year to publish an
  article.  It is clear
  to me that the turn around time is too long for this
  particular journal.

**Isn't this a problem with any publication that's peer-reviewed?

I don't know about other publications, but I think most ALA periodicals are
edited by volunteers, rather than full-time paid persons.

Here's a link to the RUSA board:  http://www.ala.org/rusa/board.html

You might want to address your question to the editors and/or officers.

Your friendly CyberGoddess and ALA Councilor-at-large,
Sue Kamm
Truest of the Blue, Los Angeles Dodgers Think Blue Week 2000
Visit my home page:
http://suekamm.home.mindspring.com/index.htm
email:  suekamm at mindspring.com
When you absolutely, positively HAVE to know, ASK A LIBRARIAN!