Article in Reference & User Services Quarterly

Drew, Bill drewwe at MORRISVILLE.EDU
Tue Jan 14 12:24:50 EST 2003

 I just finished reading a very good article in Vol. 42, Number 2 Winter
2002 issue of Reference & User Services Quarterly titled "Web Accssibility
of mid-szied college and university libraries."  It makes many good
observations.  I have on big problem with the journal but not the article.
The article was submitted for review on OCtober 10, 2001 and was revised and
accepted for publication on Feb 12, 2002.  This means the data is probably
over a year old and does not necessarily reflect current state of library
websites.  I am concerned that a research journal written by and peer
reviewed by librarians takes over a year to publish an article.  It is clear
to me that the turn around time is too long for this particular journal.

Bill Drew