[WEB4LIB] Re: Representation of a number.

Elizabeth A Reiten reitene at okstate.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:48:30 EDT 2002

>Klez strikes again.

I'm an idjit!  I meant to send the following message to the list and
instead filled Thomas's box... sorry!
*****
The other thing to keep in mind is that one of the characteristics of the
KLEZ family of viruses is that they spoof their sender email addresses
from addresses found in the email program of the infected computer.
Meaning: if Bill has gotten a KLEZ virus on his computer and he has sent
Steve an email, the virus will grab Steve's address and ship out spores
(OK, it's a virus, not a fungus, but you laughed!) pretending to be from
Steve.  This is how someone received an email "from" a mail-in account I
manage.

Clever, but annoying.

Beth Reiten, Librarian
Digital Library Services