lib-web-cats: new URL

Marshall Breeding Breeding at LIBRARY.Vanderbilt.edu
Wed Sep 11 15:28:28 EDT 2002

lib-web-cats, a directory of libraries that I maintain has a new URL.
If you have any links to this resource, please change them to:
  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats

The basic character of this resource remains unchanged.  It is a
voluntary and non-commercial index of libraries, maintained by me
and hosted at Vanderbilt University.  It includes direct links to each
library's website and online catalog.  Other information provided
includes the library geographic location, address and type.  It also
includes information regarding the current and any previous library
automation systems used by each library.  This latter information
makes it possible to find reference sites when considering a new
library automation system.

I have recently updated the inital page of lib-web-cats, providing
both search and browse options for finding libraries from the same
page.  I hope that users of this service find this change to be
helpful. Comments, criticisms and suggestions appreciated.

Keeping up such a resource is a challenge.  It would be great if
readers of this list could check the listing for thier library.  If there
are innacurracies or omissions, you can use the "Update this
Entry" button that appears on the "details" page to make
corrections. If your library is missing entirely, you might use the
"Submit" link to create a new entry.

thanks,
-marshall breeding
 library technology officer, Vanderbilt University