[WEB4LIB] Re: Hard hyphen and HTML validation

Scritchfield, Larry LScritch at MAIL.co.washoe.nv.us
Tue Oct 29 19:14:05 EST 2002

Stacy,

I thought I was replying to the list when I suggested style sheets.
Usually it's the other way 'round.

Here is a resource:
http://www.webreview.com/style/css1/charts/mastergrid.shtml

It says the nowrap property is supported by
NN 6, IE 5.5, Opera 4 & 5 on Windows, and NN 6 and IE 5 on Mac.
(One would assume higher versions of these browsers would
retain support.)

But not NN4, IE 3, 4 nor 5, nor Opera 3 on Windows, nor NN4, IE 3 & 4
on Mac.

No mention of Linux, Konqueror, K-Meleon etc :-)

Larry