[WEB4LIB] Computer Technology More Important Than Library For Student Succe

Tom Edelblute thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us
Thu Oct 17 15:35:23 EDT 2002

I do not find the study results supports the authors conclusion. "The
survey revealed that presently 62% of faculty use web content for course
preparation, 56% use the web to supplement textbooks and 51% use the web
to ensure up-to-date course content."  That is fine and dandy, but that
does not eliminate the need for libraries.  Many of the library's web
based subscription databases can be used by the faculty to fulfill all
these functions, as do the other materials a library collects.
Tom Edelblute
Public Access Systems Coordinator
Anaheim Public Library   phone: (714) 765-1759
500 West Broadway        fax:   (714) 765-1730
Anaheim CA 92805         e-mail: thomas at anaheim.lib.ca.us