Samuel Swett Green Virtual Reference Competition Deadline Friday

Louise Stewart louises at lssi.com
Tue Oct 15 00:32:35 EDT 2002

Just four days to submit your virtual reference transcripts for the LSSI /
Samuel Swett Green Award for Exemplary Virtual Reference Service. The
deadline is Friday, October 18th at 12:00 Midnight US Pacific Time.

Check out the judging criteria at <http://purl.org/net/checklist>  and
submit your own ... or a friend's transcript. The transcript of our current
winner, Elizabeth J. Cronin of the Ocean County (NJ) Toms River Branch, was
submitted by a co-worker. The award was a double surprise. Elizabeth said,
"I was just doing my job and...!" and "Its a wonderful thing and has
certainly perked the interest of a lot of librarians in the virtual
reference area here in New Jersey." She also said that she expects
submissions to increase, at least from her group. Remember, though, only one
submission per award period.

Use our electronic submission form at
<http://vrhome.virtualreference.net/greenaward.htm> . Please be sure to
include all information requested in the checklist and to remove all
personal information (both the patron's and the librarian's) from your
transcript before you submit it.

Your Samuel Swett Green Award Team