[WEB4LIB] printing problems

Bob Duncan duncanr at mail.lafayette.edu
Tue Nov 19 23:04:23 EST 2002

At 02:18 PM 11/19/2002 -0800, Vicky Moss wrote:
>Our library has also been having the log jam at our printers since we
>upgraded to Netscape 6.2.
>(The staff is now threatening the IT over this issue).  We have played
>with drivers, and service packs to no avail, then saw the message about
>this issue.
>
>My main question is this:  Is it possible that we would experience this
>same problem with Netscape 7.0?  Or is this yet another anomaly to
>Netscape 6.2?  Most of our staff machines are already upgraded to
>Netscape 7.0, but they are not power printers like the patrons.

I've done a fair amount of testing over the last few days, and printers,
drivers, service packs, etc. have no effect---certain pages spool to huge
sizes and never print.  Good news is, I have not been able to duplicate the
printing problems using Netscape 7.

I'm still curious why some pages cause the printing problem in Netscape 6.2
and others don't, but...

Bob Duncan

Robert E. Duncan
Systems Librarian