[WEB4LIB] Self-serve prepaid printing for library guests?

John Rosenhamer jrosenhamer at okccc.edu
Mon May 20 14:14:07 EDT 2002

We don't require users to sign in.  They can just sit down and go to
work.  BUT, if they want to print, they have to buy a print card ($1.00
for card and 10 pages) They can add money it they need and our regular
"courtesy" patrons do that.  If we get a one time user, we (reference)
usually sets their pages a printing.

We use Pharos to control printing.  We give our students  a card with
60 pages on it.  Each semester they can add 60 more pages.  For a
community college this usually works well for them.  We just want them
to think before they print 70 page articles.

Finally, we print to both sides, so a 30 page article would be 15
pages.

John

John H. Rosenhamer
Technical Services Librarian