[WEB4LIB] Web Form and Access Database

Peter Verhagen pverhagen at sapl.ab.ca
Tue Mar 26 13:12:27 EST 2002

Its difficult, but not impossible. It really depends on how
complicated your form needs to be, how you plan on tabulating the
data, etc.

As we speek I am currently developing a web links database application
all accomplished using ASP (HTML) on Windows 2000 and a Open Source
database called Firebird. Firebird was developed using Borland's
Interbase 6 source code that Borland had released into the Open Source
Community in the summer of 2000 (please see
http://firebird.sourceforge.net for more). And just so everyone knows
I know some SQL but never programmed an ASP application before, and
thus far its been alot of fun.

Your best bet - do a google search looking for "Microsoft", "Access"
and "ODBC". You might want to add "ASP" if your form is going to exist
on a Windows NT/2000 server.

If anyone is interested when this project becomes completed, would
like to read about it's progress or even if they'd like to help out
contact me off list.

Peter Verhagen
Systems Administrator
St. Albert Public Library