Windows 2000 - Active Directory

Arthur Christy arthur.christy at tamut.edu
Fri Mar 8 12:21:36 EST 2002

I have a Linux box that authenticates users and runs the logon script.  The
logon script maps an Active Directory on a 2000 box.  Such as  net use w:
\\xxx\database /yes. This works great.  However some machines the script is
stopping wanting a password.  If you hit enter 3 times, error messages
saying I need a valid password, it will continue, and the drive is mapped
like it should be.   I need to get rid of the prompting of the password.

I have tried net use w: \\xxx\database password /yes

Any ideas.

Arthur Christy
Texas A&M University Texarkana
Library Datacenter