[WEB4LIB] Search functions

Nancy Sosna Bohm plum at ulink.net
Fri Mar 22 11:23:45 EST 2002

Like Lee Jaffee (".... freefind.com...sites and not only do they do a free
search service but they can also generated a site...") I have successfully
used a free search engine on a personal Web site/Archive of about 50Mgs of
about 100 pages.
It is Pico Search (see http://www.picosearch.com/rates.html ) and doesn't
generate any ads. It does require a small image link to their site.
If you want to see it in action, you can visit
http://www.ulink.net/plum/Roswell/LizMythology
One caveat for a dynamic site: I do have visit the picosearch.com site to
reindex whenever I add a new page.

--Nancy Bohm
  Reference Librarian
  (847) 735-5057