[WEB4LIB] Web Guidelines for University Web Sites

Krista Graham Krista.Graham at cmich.edu
Tue Jun 11 16:17:21 EDT 2002

Central Michigan University recently completed work on the type of web
policy that you describe. An online version of the "Web Policy" document is
available at: [http://www.cmich.edu/web-policy/default.htm].

As you will see, the document outlines the degree of freedom granted to
pages at different "levels" within the site hierarchy
[http://www.cmich.edu/styleguide/compliance.htm]. A "compliance checklist"
has been provided to provide clarity (hopefully) to individual unit
webmasters.

The policy was developed by a "Web Planning Committee" comprised of
representatives from across the campus including IT staff, faculty, public
relations, purchasing, etc. It really is a huge committee. For a complete
list of members see: [http://www.oit.cmich.edu/it/committee_wdpc.asp].

Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions!

--
Krista Graham,
Electronic Services Coordinator/
E-mail: krista.graham at cmich.edu