Web site hosts

Steve Garwood sgarwood at infolink.org
Thu Jun 6 15:29:04 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm working on a "quasi-library" project and am curious as to folks
experience with shared hosting providers for website...

Basically this is the idea...I'm a "small" library who needs a web
presence...I have someone who can design my site, but doesn't host and am
looking for a commercial hosting service to use. I'm assuming that I will
be only getting about 20k visits per month and will only use about 5-10mb
of storage space. The site won't require any cgi based scripts and will
mostly just consist of html files and images. The only other thing I would
like is some type of basic report for the site (hits, visits, etc.)

In the past I've used a host called XO and another called doteasy. XO when
I was doing something more commercially as a contractor and doteasy when I
was setting things up for friends. I like both of them though XO only
provides log files and no analysis tools.

Do any of you have hosting services that you've used which you would
recommend for a project like the one I've described above? If so, could you
let me know the name of the host...I'll take the research on after that.

Thank you,

Steve

*****
Steve Garwood
Program and Services Coordinator, INFOLINK
Tel: 732-752-7720  Fax: 732-752-7785
Toll free: 866-505-LINK  Fax: 800-793-8007
Email to: sgarwood at infolink.org