[WEB4LIB] Re: Mozilla support at university libraries

Warren Dawkins wdawkins11 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 27 17:23:38 EDT 2002

Thomas Dowling wrote:
  > I haven't really heard anyone going gaga for the mail clients in
  > Mozilla-based browsers.  You may want to upgrade the browser now
but take
  > its mail client as a stopgap while you comarison-shop for a better
one.

Actually I've been using the Mozilla browser and email client since it
first hit version 1.0 -- mostly after hearing it recommended by
numerous reviewers as "excellent." In my own experience, I would have
to agree. It provides simple yet efficient email features including
multiple email accounts (both POP and IMAP), message filtering, easily
organized folders, message highlighting, etc. In most ways it is quite
comparable to Outlook Express, but completely open-source (which is a
good thing to support in libraries IMHO).

Your mileage may vary, but I have found Mozilla's email client to be
stable, easy to use, and highly flexible, and thus would encourage
librarians to consider it seriously as a viable solution.

--
  Warren Dawkins
  E-mail: wdawkins at bsu.edu