[WEB4LIB] Profession: Web Librarian - academic library

GraceAnne A. DeCandido ladyhawk at well.com
Tue Jun 25 11:48:15 EDT 2002

Joyce,
two possible useful items you might enjoy: one is an
interview with the author of The Systems Librarian, Tom
Wilson, at

http://www.ala.org/editions/meetauthor/interviews/wilson.html

the other is New Jobs for Old: Librarians Now, at

http://www.arl.org/diversity/leading/issue14/newjobs.html

I wrote both of these.
GraceAnne DeCandido

Joyce Ouchida wrote on 25 Jun 2002, about [WEB4LIB] Profession: Web Librarian - academic li

> I am currently a client-side programmer at a web development
> company and a library student at San Jose State (distance
> education). I'm glad to have found this discussion list, as
> I am trying to form a more concrete idea of my career
> direction. I am interested in finding out more about the
> position of Web Librarian in an academic library setting, or
> any other library, actually.
>
> I'd like to hear about people's experiences in the field --
> what kind of experience you have, how you got the job, what
> are the required skills, what are your duties, challenges,
> and what your work environment is like.
>
> I appreciate any responses and/or advice. You can respond to
> my email address.
>
> Thanks,
> Joyce

GraceAnne A. DeCandido, MLS
Blue Roses Consulting ~ Writing ~ Editorial ~ Web Content
New York City ~ ladyhawk at well.com
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/gadhome.html

Ten Graces for New Librarians
http://www.well.com/user/ladyhawk/albany.html