Profession: Web Librarian - academic library

Joyce Ouchida jouchida at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 25 11:45:14 EDT 2002

I am currently a client-side programmer at a web development company and a
library student at San Jose State (distance education). I'm glad to have
found this discussion list, as I am trying to form a more concrete idea of
my career direction. I am interested in finding out more about the position
of Web Librarian in an academic library setting, or any other library,
actually.

I'd like to hear about people's experiences in the field -- what kind of
experience you have, how you got the job, what are the required skills, what
are your duties, challenges, and what your work environment is like.

I appreciate any responses and/or advice. You can respond to my email
address.

Thanks,
Joyce