[WEB4LIB] RE: Advice on Linux

Dan Lester dan at riverofdata.com
Tue Jun 4 22:46:14 EDT 2002

As a shop that runs both IIS/Win2K, as well as a Solaris box with web
server for our web catalog, we've equal numbers of attacks and about
equal security problems with each of them.  Whatever you run, you're
going to have problems.

You also have to continue in this semi-flame war about who made what
bad decisions, that many organizations are completely MS Networking
and operations.  In addition, you have numbers of commercial products
that run on MS SQL Server on Win2K/IIS boxes.  We're running TDNet and
ILLiad that both meet that criterion.  So we're running the IIS/Win2K
on three boxes (library, tdnet, and illiad, all .boisestate.edu)  We
loved running the O'Reilly WebSite until they finally gave up on that
fine product.

cheers

dan

--
Dan Lester, Data Wrangler  dan at RiverOfData.com 208-283-7711
3577 East Pecan, Boise, Idaho  83716-7115 USA