Outlook Express Attachment Security

Robert Sullivan rsullivan at sals.edu
Fri Jul 5 17:06:05 EDT 2002

I am trying to use the "Safe Attachments" feature in Outlook Express 6,
but it appears to block almost any kind of attachment from being opened.
I have modified Internet Explorer's "unsafe file list" to allow Word,
Excel, PDF and ZIP files to be received by our staff.

Any thoughts on other common files we'd be likely to receive?

We are using anti-virus software, of course, and our consortium's mail
server also has a scanner, but I would like to take advantage of this OE
setting if I can.

Thanks!

Bob Sullivan  <rsullivan at sals.edu>
Schenectady County Public Library NY  <http://www.scpl.org>