[WEB4LIB] Privacy, the USA Patriot Act, electronic fingerprinting to replace library cards etc.

Richard Poynder rich_p at dial.pipex.com
Tue Jul 30 09:48:32 EDT 2002

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this. I assume it is a genuine question?

If so, then I could suggest you look at my web site
(www.richardpoynder.com), or e-mail the Information Today editor John
Eichorn (jeichorn at infotoday.com) and check with him. I appreciate that
that only takes you so far in establishing my credentials, but beyond
that I cannot go - so you would need to take the rest on trust, or not
as you decide.

If you are making the obvious point that my questions raise regarding
the power of the web to allow for anonymity (and therefore deception)
then it is well taken. Nevertheless, I would still appreciate any
comments on the questions I posed, or any experiences people would like
to share with me.

Best wishes,

Richard

Richard Poynder