[WEB4LIB] RE: privacy screens and furniture

Mark Ellis mark.ellis at yourlibrary.ca
Wed Jul 24 16:29:00 EDT 2002

Jackie,

We used both 3M and BlackAngle privacy screens for several years, but didn't
find them particularly effective.  You can see the screen contents to about
45 degrees off axis.

In there place we've used Nova kits <http://www.novadesk.com/>.  These are
expensive and require customer millwork or retrofitting, but we've been
happy with the results.

The photo on http://www.yourlibrary.ca/rplinfo/ironwood/internetcafe.html
shows what they look like installed on a high counter and millwork carrels
(barely visible).  We've retrofitted them in more standard carrels as well.

HTH,

Mark Ellis
Manager, Reference and Information Services
Richmond Public Library
Richmond, B.C.
(604) 231-6410
www.yourlibrary.ca