[WEB4LIB] RE: ActiveX controls in Windows2000

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Jul 24 09:38:00 EDT 2002

Aaron,

Actually, you can't modify the permissions on the folder "Downloaded
Program Files". It's a special folder marked with the IE "e" I'm not sure
what Windows calls such a folder. "Offline Web Pages" is of the same
variety.

I thought of changing the permissions on the necessary registry keys where
IE is trying to write. Suggestions on the easiest way to figure that out?
I know there is a utility that allows you to watch registry activity but
the name escapes me at the moment.

I'll try the Internet Zone trick but I don't think that gets past the
basic registry writing issue.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician