[WEB4LIB] Popups

Daniel Messer dmesser at yvrls.lib.wa.us
Tue Jul 23 19:21:47 EDT 2002

	I've had this happen before on a slower computer and figured that it had
something to do with the speed of the processor and lack of RAM. Maybe it's a
lag time in a browser pop up or something. In other words, you hit the site
with the pop up, close the main browser and the pop up and reopen the main
browser. While this is happening the hard disk is happily churning away and
closed, at least that's my theory.
	But then again, I've gotten some pretty questionable pop ups on Yahoo
regardless. As for what to do, you might look into installing a pop up killing
programme or an anti advertisement programme like Ad-Aware. Or, my personal
favourite is to use Mozilla 1.0. It has an option that you can set to not
launch any pop ups which were not specifically requested by a mouse click.
Very nice. :)

Dan

--
Mondai wa
The subject in question...
dmesser at yvrl.org
509-452-8541 ext 761
102 N 3rd St  Yakima, WA  98901
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
                                         -Hunter S. Thompson
Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.
                                         -Benny Hill