[WEB4LIB] virus checker for public computers

Thomas Bennett bennetttm at appstate.edu
Tue Jul 23 08:54:47 EDT 2002

We are using McAfee in most of the library because it is licensed campus
wide and prefered by campus network computing.  On machines that matter
(mine and my servers) I run Command Antivirus, this is the F-Prot engine.
McAfee has the same slow down problem that you mentioned if you set it to
cover internet, email, and the local machine.  Command Antivirus is licensed
by the State of North Carolina so I am running it under that license.  I
have found that Command Antivirus does not slow the normal process down as
the others do and the update is simple.  I believe the URL is
http://www.commandcom.com where you can download a trial version to test it.
You can also contact Vicky Poulin, vpoulin at commandsoftware.com , if you have
any questions.

Thomas