origin of quote needed

Myers, Brian MyersBW at staff.abanet.org
Mon Jul 1 20:09:00 EDT 2002

Greetings -

I am looking for the proper attribution for the following quote:

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."

This is a rather ubiquitous quotation, attributed to "Bradley's Bromides" on
many of the Web's quotation pages; I am hoping to find at least the actual
name of the person responsible for this quip. Any information would be
greatly appreciated.

Brian Myers