[WEB4LIB] Quick link drop-down menus

Keith Higgs dkh2 at po.cwru.edu
Wed Jan 30 16:01:56 EST 2002

At 03:13 PM 1/30/2002, you wrote:
>I am interested in placing three quick link drop-down menus on our home
>page. One for other city services, one for library services and one for
>area links. I have found a good Javascript that I like. However, when I
>duplicate it, it stops working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Ed

There's a much easier way to do this.

This form:

<form action="[URL of cgi script]" method="GET">
         <select name="URL">
                 <option value="#" selected>Select from drop down menu</option>
                 <option value="http://www.cwru.edu">CWRU Home Page</option>
                 <option value="http://www.cwru.edu/UL/">University
Library</option>
                 <option
value="http://catalog.cwru.edu/search/">EuclidPLUS</option>
                 <option value="http://www.ohiolink.edu/">OhioLINK</option>
         </select><input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Go"
class="smalltextbold"></form>

Points to this script on your server

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
print "Location: $FORM::URL\n\n";

You can customize the droplist for each page if you like, or you can make
one list that is used by every page and pull it in via ssi.

Keith
D. Keith Higgs. Email: dkh2 at po.cwru.edu, dkhiggs at yahoo.com
Case Western Reserve University, Webmaster - University Library
More Info: http://www.cwru.edu/UL/pershomepages/K_Higgs.html
"'C' is for Cookie, that's good enough for me."