[WEB4LIB] windows that keep popping up

Bob Rasmussen ras at anzio.com
Sat Jan 19 16:08:55 EST 2002

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Info Galway Library wrote:

> Hi,
> My question is how can this beast be controlled. On a public access pc,
> opening pornographic sites while you are attempting to close them can be
> embarrassing especially when you are not the person who opened the original
> site. Is there a quick way of closing such sites or is the 'onUnload' event
> handler more trouble than it is worth?

You can Ctrl-Alt-Delete, and kill the browser's task(s). I suppose it would be
fairly easy to write a "reset" program to kill all instances of IE (or
whatever), and then restart the desktop.

It amazes me that these sites think they're going to make more money by being
so annoying. Or is their goal to be annoying?

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com