Display/print problems with pdf's in Netscape 6

Hassing, Tom thassing at creighton.edu
Fri Jan 25 12:52:16 EST 2002

I searched on "Internet Explorer Blank Page" at Adobe's
Acrobat Support page:
http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrobat.html .

My suggestions:  Upgrade to IE 5.5 sp2 or IE 6.  (Why not go
to the latest version of Acrobat, too?)

When I've supported staff with similar problems with PDF
files (like just this morning), I usually suggest
right-clicking on the link to the PDF, saving the file to
the local hard drive.  Get the browser out of the equation.

Here are links to Adobe's view of possible causes and
solutions:

It could be a problem at the server level with ASP or CGI
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1c1ae.htm

It could be a problem where the link to the PDF File Has
More Than 256 Characters
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1e25e.htm

It could be a problem related to Personal Web Server being
installed locally
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/cc72.htm

-- Tom Hassing, PC Network Technician
   Reinert Alumni Memorial Library