libraries managing city web sites

Melissa Henderson mhenders at nslsilus.org
Mon Jan 7 10:41:33 EST 2002

Hello,

Many of the public libraries that participate in the NorthStarNet community
information network provide web hosting services to their cities/villages
via NorthStarNet.  These libraries play varying roles in the development and
management of the site; most do not actively manage the sites, however, some
do serve in advisory roles.

You can link to the community portal sites (all of which are created and
maintained by the libraries) on NorthStarNet by going to
www.northstarnet.org and clicking on the "Communities on the Web" link.
>From the community page, you should be able to link to the
village/city/township sites and find contact information for the library.

I would be happy to forward your query to the mailing list for NorthStarNet
library coordinators if you think more specific information would be
helpful.  Please feel free to contact me off the list.

Melissa

Melissa Henderson
NorthStarNet Coordinator
mhenders at nslsilus.org