[WEB4LIB] capturing streams

Chris Gray cpgray at library.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 28 09:29:54 EST 2002

Streambox had products that could do this kind of thing with RealNetworks
streaming format.  RealNetworks brought a lawsuit against them under the
Digital Millennium Copyright Act.  It was eventually
settled: http://news.com.com/2100-1023-245482.html?legacy=cnet

Streambox agreed to stop distributing Streambox Ripper and to modify
Streambox VCR.  The questionable versions of these products are still
available on the net if you look around.

Chris Gray
Library Systems
University of Waterloo