[WEB4LIB] Re: BIOS Print/Capture

peterson at amigos.org peterson at amigos.org
Tue Feb 19 22:37:42 EST 2002

I found that suggestion listed for Windows 95/98 and tried it.  I tried
them worked.  Either it has been disabled in Windows 2000, or my printer
set-up is different (HP LaserJet 1100).  I've been looking for a parameter
to set differently, but haven't found it yet.

Christine Peterson
Library Liaison Officer, Amigos Library Services
14400 Midway Road, Dallas, TX  75244-3509
800/843-8482 x191 (message only)
512/671-1580 (phone and fax)
EMAIL:  peterson at amigos.org

What *does* work on my Dell Dimension XPS H266 (vintage 1997) is
as follows:

1. Enter Setup
2. When the screen you wish to print is displayed, press the
   Print Screen button.
3. Exit Setup and continue the boot-up process.

Once the boot process resumes, the desired screen is printed.
You'll have to re-enter Setup and repeat the process for every
screen you wish to print.

I haven't tried this on any other PC, so your mileage may vary.

Walter W. Giesbrecht                             walterg at yorku.ca
Data Librarian                          (416) 736-2100 ext. 77551
York University, Toronto CANADA                            113SSB