[WEB4LIB] Re: Web-accessible info and library budget reductions?

Euan Morton euan.morton at xrxgsn.com
Wed Feb 13 09:28:45 EST 2002

The wonderful Marylaine Block talks about this in her Ex Libris column of a
couple of weeks ago:
HOW MANY DEGREES OF SEPARATION?
http://marylaine.com/exlibris/xlib129.html
which ends with this:
"Now, you can contact Governor Gary Locke at
http://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/contact.htm, but you'll notice that he
says he'll only respond to Washington state residents.

So the degrees of separation challenge is this: forward this article and the
Seattle Times articles to somebody in the state of Washington and ask them
to go to the web site and send Governor Locke a message.

Quantity might do the trick. But so might quality, because after all, some
animals are more equal than others. I know that I'm only two degrees away
from Bill Gates, for instance, a citizen of Washington whose views tend to
get the attention of politicians.

Want to take the challenge?"

(On a lighter note here is a link that I meant to post some months ago for
the animated superhero librarian thread:
'More good stuff from Down Under: Warrior Librarian Weekly
http://www.geocities.com/bibliophist/IMHO/stereo.html')

Sláinte

Euan Morton, CIBER @ Xerox
Web Developer, Xerox Global Service Net
http://www.ciber-roch.com/

"O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us /
To see oursels as others see us !"
   from 'To a Louse,
On Seeing one on a Lady's Bonnet at Church'
http://www.emule.com/poetry/?page=poem&poem=393
         - Robert Burns (1759-96)
http://www.robertburns.org/
HP: http://home.rochester.rr.com/acode/