iii keyword search ???

Garwood, Steve sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
Tue Feb 5 12:38:31 EST 2002

Hi all,

This is a question for those of you who use iii's MILLENNIUM edition.

I'm working with a team at my library to design the Web interface for the
library's opac...one SEVERE restriction we've come across is that the
Keyword search is by "PHRASE" and that the Word search is "OR". I don't like
either of these options and have been hoping that I could find a way to have
a keyword that searched for two/three words and connected them by AND
WITHOUT the patron having to type AND.

What am I missing? I looked thru the woptions and other search areas in
iii's manuals and can't see a "fix" to this...their older systems seem to
have the "AND" built in to keyword searches or at least have their (I find
this very funny) ASSEARCH woption set to go to "AND".

III's answers to this question have been cryptic at best...

Anyone figure out how to "fix" this or am I stuck with something I abhor?

Steve

-------------------------------------
Steve Garwood
Customer Education Librarian
Camden County Library System
203 Laurel Rd., Voorhees, NJ 08043
(856)772-1636 x3320 Fax:(856)772-6128
sgarwood at camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.camden.lib.nj.us
http://www.stevegarwood.com

"The best leaders inspire by example, when that's not an option, brute
intimidation works pretty well too" -- Despair Inc