Web4Lib Web sites for September 11

Karen G. Schneider kgs at bluehighways.com
Mon Aug 26 18:23:48 EDT 2002

Dear folks, this is one of the few times I have posted to this list
wearing my "Web4Lib Editorial Board" hat. (It's a baseball cap, with a
three-headed librarian as the logo.)

Please ensure posts to Web4Lib are on topic, which is "the general topic
of World Wide Web systems and libraries or library staff."  As we get
closer to the September 11 anniversary, it is understandable that people
will want to talk about this event.  However, we can do our best for
librarianship by keeping Web4Lib on its own topic.  Sometimes "just
pressing on" is a really good thing.

If you know of Web sites related to September 11 that you would like to
share with other librarians, consider submitting them to lii.org
(Librarians' Index to the Internet).  Every page on lii.org has a
suggestion form, or you can e-mail suggestions at lii.org . Sites that meet
our criteria will be considered for inclusion in our collection. Sites
submitted by Friday, August 30 will be considered for indexing prior to
the special mailing we are doing the following week.

On behalf of the Board, I thank you for observing posting guidelines for
Web4Lib, which can be found on the main Web page for this list, at
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib .

Karen G. Schneider kgs at lii.org  http://lii.org
Coordinator, Librarians' Index to the Internet
lii.org  New This Week:     http://lii.org/ntw
      lii.org: Information You Can Trust!