[WEB4LIB] More Library News From the State of Washington

William M. Wines wwines at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 21 14:10:36 EDT 2002

I hate to sound like a paleo-liberal, but I wonder whether most people
ever seriously contemplate the extent to which their "quality of life"
depends on the levying of taxes.  Political discourse is so completely
dominated anti-gubmint conservative/libertarian blowhards that just to
raise the issue risks being dismissed out of hand as just another
bureaucrat feeding at the public trough.  Anyway, I know this is off
topic, but grrrrrr.....

-----------------------------
Bill Wines
Assistant Director
Walled Lake City Library
1499 E. West Maple Rd.
Walled Lake, MI 48390
(248) 624-3772
http://walled-lake.lib.mi.us
"There may be nicer, smarter and better people than librarians
 somewhere, but I don't know who they could be." --
		Denis Horgan, _Hartford Courant_, July 17, 2002