[WEB4LIB] Re: Fonts & CSS

Andrew I. Mutch amutch at waterford.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 7 11:08:27 EDT 2002

Russell,

How would using CSS make your pages inaccessible to older browsers? If you
use the @import method, the older browsers simply ignore all of your CSS
and just render the page using whatever HTML you have included. Granted,
it isn't always as attractive as what a CSS-capable browser will see, but
if you have marked up your pages logically, your visitors should get the
content in a coherent manner. I can't imagine it would be any worse than
what they normally encounter using IE 2!

Andrew Mutch
Library Systems Technician
Waterford Township Public Library
Waterford, MI