[WEB4LIB] Re: Fonts & CSS

Russell Voigt rvoigt at mail.aacpl.net
Wed Aug 7 10:51:25 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I have been directed to keep our pages accessible to as many browser types
as possible; we still have patrons using IE 2.0 and text browsers that are
not CSS compliant. To keep older and less-popular browsers accessible I've
stayed away from using CSS all together and still use the font tag through
HTML Styles in Dreamweaver MX. I'm also implementing Active Server Pages
because it does it's calculations on the server then returns pure HTML to
the browser.

I thought his solution was a good one because I'm using the lowest common
denominator - pure HTML. Has other library systems given up completely on
these browsers/patrons or is there another solution that I'm not aware of?
Russell Voigt
Systems Analyst
Anne Arundel County Public Library
www.aacpl.net