CSS problem

Paula Gray-Overtoom pgrayove at monroe.lib.in.us
Thu Aug 29 11:46:59 EDT 2002

I'm an avid reader on this list, but this is the first time I've written
with a question.  Our library is working on redesigning and reorganizing
our website.  Our goal is to use CSS as much as possible, but attempt to
make pages that work in as wide a range of browsers as possible.  I'm
currently working on the design for the new home page and the html and
stylesheet both validate.  The problem involves the left navigation bar
which does not even degrade nicely, but runs across the page in Opera,
Netscape 4 or IE 5.2 on a Mac.  It looks fine in IE 6 and Mozilla.  Some
of the browser workarounds I've tried haven't fixed this problem.  This
is my first foray into stylesheets, so I would appreciate anyone that
would be willing to take a look and offer a suggestion or two.  The test
page and stylesheet are located at:

http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/general_info/homenew.html
http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/general_info/style.css

Thanks,
Paula

Paula Gray-Overtoom			Monroe County Public Library
Information Systems Librarian		303 E. Kirkwood Ave.
pgrayove at monroe.lib.in.us		Bloomington, IN 47408
phone: 812-349-3050			http://www.monroe.lib.in.us
fax:  812-349-3051